Our Department of Code Enforcement and Inspections has been established to insure compliance with all state, county and local codes for public safety.
Code enforcement, sometimes encompassing law enforcement, is the act of enforcing a set of rules, principles, or laws (especially written ones) and ensuring observance of a system of norms or customs.
Before starting any home improvement project, it is recommended that you call the Construction office to determine whether a permit is needed. Please call 609-267-1891, extension 5 or email the Construction and Zoning Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a general overview, click here.
Please note that permits for dumpsters are required.
Services our department can offer:
- We are available to answer any of your questions concerning permit requirements;
- Assist you completing in applications for a construction permit;
- Provide plan review to insure code compliance;
- Answer any questions you may have concerning the required inspections;
- Provide Code interpretations;
- Conduct inspections during the course of your project;
- Issue Certificates of Occupancy or Approval after all of the required inspections are completed and prior to use and/or occupancy