The Township of Westampton does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age or handicap. Westampton Township is a drug free work place.
Population is approximately 9,000 and
Municipal Budget is $11 million
The township administrator will act as the administrative head of the township under the direction and supervision of the Township Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The township administrator shall, under the direction of the 5 member Township Committee:
•Assist in the administration, enforcement and execution of the policies and resolutions of the Committee
•Attend all meetings of the Committee at which their attendance is required by that body;
• Recommend measures for adoption to the Committee
• Prepare and submit to the Committee such reports as are required by that body, or as they consider advisable
• Perform such additional duties as the Committee may determine by resolution.
• To maintain/obtain current knowledge regarding existing and changing legislative requirements for general township operations, and alert the Township Committee as to issues that may impact the Township. Provide options and recommend to the Township Committee the adoption of such measures as may be advisable for the continued development and well- being of the Township
• Assist with identification of and coordination of applications for funding opportunities in support of stated Township short- and long-term goals
• To be responsible to the Township Committee for efficient administration of the general office and Planning and Zoning functions of the township government
• To be available as a key contact on inquiries to the Township from various sources, including federal, state and county officials or Township residents with specific needs and concerns
• To perform such other duties as may be required by ordinance or by direction of the Township Committee
Applicants must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills. Applicants must have knowledge and experience with labor relations, contract negotiations, risk management, financial management including budgeting, payroll and pension; collective bargaining, purchasing, Human Resources, conflict resolution, and computer proficiency. Experience or degree in Public Administration preferred. Salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter, work history and salary history/requirements no later than January 4, 2020 to Jim Brady at [email protected]
WESTAMPTON TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT
FULL TIME BASIC POLICE OFFICER
The Westampton Township Police Department is recruiting for Full Time Basic Police Officer(s). We are seeking highly energetic, enthusiastic, and hard-working individuals for our department. You must be a New Jersey resident, at least 21 years old and possess a Valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
First Phase: Physical Fitness Test. Paperwork for the physical fitness test needs to be picked up by the applicant ONLY. Applicant’s must show a valid New Jersey Drivers License when picking up the Physical Fitness Test paperwork. Paperwork can be picked up as follows at police headquarters:
December 9, 2019 thru January 3, 2020
Monday thru Thursday: 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Fridays: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Special Evening Hours: (one day only)
December 11, 2019 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Telephone, fax, or email requests will not be entertained, do not send in your resume prior, it will not be accepted.
All successful candidates must pass a background investigation, physical agility standards, psychological, medical, and drug screening tests.
The Township of Westampton is an equal opportunity employment agency.